The state-of-the-art AR experiences featuring different dinosaurs from the film, will debut on September 18th, timed to the film’s North American home entertainment launch, before rolling out around the world.
The largest retail effort of its kind for both partners, this is also the first integrated AR experience across the Facebook family of apps – specifically Facebook and Messenger.
Bring Dinosaurs To Life With AR | Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom on Digital and Blu-ray
On the day of the release, participating retailers across 18 countries will showcase, for a limited time, the eye-catching Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom in-store displays that will include instructions on how to trigger an AR experience that bring the displays to life.
Shoppers scan a special QR code to launch the sharable AR effect that places the ferocious Indoraptor directly in their path, providing them with an up-close encounter with one of the newest dinosaurs from the Jurassic franchise. In the U.S. alone, this experience spans more than 17,000 stores across multiple national retail and grocery chains.
Available in millions of homes around the world, the in-home experience is activated off of a collectible insert within the product packaging using the Messenger camera. The experience unveils an interactive, baby version of the film’s Velociraptor hero, Blue.
The animated Baby Blue can be placed in any environment, and images and video of her behaving curiously, playfully, and aggressively can be captured and shared with friends.
Both the in-store and in-home experiences are compatible with iOS and Android devices. Users should utilize the latest version of the Facebook and Messenger apps.
In Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom directed by J.A. Bayona (The Impossible, The Orphanage) and executive-produced by Jurassic titans Steven Spielberg and Colin Trevorrow, Owen (Pratt) and Claire (Howard) return to Isla Nublar three years after the destruction of the Jurassic World theme park to rescue any remaining dinosaurs on the island from a catastrophic volcano that threatens to leave dinosaurs extinct once again.
Owen is driven to save his lead raptor, Blue, while Claire makes it her mission to preserve the creatures that she has grown to deeply respect. When the lava begins to rain down, they soon discover terrifying new breeds of ferocious dinosaurs along with a conspiracy that could threaten the entire world.
Joined by co-stars James Cromwell (Babe, The Green Mile) as wealthy entrepreneur Benjamin Lockwood, Dr. John Hammond’s partner in creating Jurassic Park, as well as Justice Smith (The Get Down) and Daniella Pineda (The Detour) as Franklin Webb and Zia Rodriguez, members of Claire’s Dinosaur Protection Group; this brilliant cast brings an extraordinary story to life as chaos erupts when Owen, Claire, and their team discover a most deadly endgame that could bring the planet back to prehistoric times.
BONUS FEATURES EXCLUSIVE TO 4K ULTRA HD, BLU-RAY & DIGITAL:
- The KINGDOM Evolves – Filmmakers discuss how the second chapter in the Jurassic World trilogy pushes the franchise in a new direction.
- Return to Hawaii – Cast and crew discuss shooting the film in Hawaii.
- Island Action – A behind-the-scenes look at the bunker scene and runaway gyrosphere sequence.
- Aboard the Arcadia – Cast and crew discuss working with the animatronic dinosaurs.
- Start the Bidding! – A behind-the-scenes look at the auction scene.
BONUS FEATURES ON DVD, 4K ULTRA HD, BLU-RAY & DIGITAL:
- On Set with Chris & Bryce – Go behind the scenes with Chris Pratt and Bryce Dallas Howard.
- Birth of the Indoraptor – An inside look at the genetically designed monstrosity known as the Indoraptor.
- Death by Dino – Go behind the scenes as the Indoraptor faces off with a key character.
- Monster in a Mansion – Director J.A. Bayona discusses how Jurassic Park and Dracula (1979) influenced his approach to directing the monster in a mansion scene.
- Rooftop Showdown – A look at the terrifying showdown on the rooftop of the Lockwood Mansion.
- Malcolm's Return – Behind the scenes with the one & only Jeff Goldblum.
- VFX Evolved – The team at ILM discuss their cutting-edge approach to creating dinosaurs.
- FALLEN KINGDOM: The Conversation – Filmmakers and cast sit down for a candid and casual conversation about Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom.
- A Song for the KINGDOM – Justice Smith sings for the cast and crew of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom.
- Chris Pratt's Jurassic Journals - Vivian Baker, Makeup Artist, Mary Mastro, Hair Stylist, Chris Murphy, 1st Assistant Sound, Dean Bailey, Stunt Edge Car Driver, Peter Harcourt, Diver, Daniella Pineda and Justice Smith, Actors, Jody Wiltshire, Set PA, Kelly Krieg, Assistant Script Supervisor, J.A. Bayona, Director, James Cox, Stunt Performer, Rachelle Beinart, Stunt Double, Bryce Dallas Howard interviews Chris Pratt, Actor
- JURASSIC Then and Now - Presented by Barbasol® – Key moments from the Jurassic saga that tie into Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom.
To learn more, visit www.jurassicworld.com
Facebook - www.facebook.com/jurassicworld
Twitter - www.twitter.com/JurassicWorld
Instagram - www.instagram.com/jurassicworld