Note: I received bluray/dvd for review purpose. Any personal views expressed are always 100% my own.
But since we had a few hours before family movie night, I thought the kids would enjoy a few "Grinchy" activities including learning how to draw a Grinch (and other characters), word puzzles and coloring sheet.
You can download the activities sheet here - https://we.tl/t-iepj6vS9IN
Now originally, I only planned for 3 kids but my (3rd) nephew insisted on joining in. So I handed him a coloring sheet, crayons and let him have fun.
For my son, niece and (1st) nephew, it was time to learn how to draw a Grinch. We learned lots of cool tricks while watching the video drawing tutorial on - www.anywhocandraw.com
I wasn't sure how easy the kids would be able to follow but they did well. The kids liked the side by side comparisons since it helped them with drawing their own Grinch. Soon my son and niece had both drawn their own Grinch.
My (1st) nephew had a little hard time drawing, but I suspect that because he was trying to hard to be perfect. I explained to him he could draw whatever he wanted. But because his drawing didn't look at the other kids, he wasn't happy. So we decided to switch over to the coloring sheet and he was much happier. Go figure with kids!
The kids took turns drawing, doing the puzzles and coloring. At the end each discovered what they liked best and was proud to show it off.
By then, it was time for family movie night. So we all gathered around and watched The Grinch on Blu-ray/DVD. The kids enjoyed watching The Grinch try to take over the holidays and enjoyed the movies message of friendship and being kind.
"Dr. Seuss’ The Grinch" movie releases on 4K Ultra HD, 3D Blu-ray, Blu-ray, DVD and On Demand on February 5, 2019.
From Illumination and Universal Pictures Home Entertainment, the film is based on Dr. Seuss’ beloved tale about a cynical grouch who goes on a mission to steal Christmas from others, only to feel his own heart grow three sizes larger through unexpected friendships.
The new home entertainment edition contains more than 60 minutes of bonus content, including three mini-movies. It also includes stunning featurettes, a how-to-draw tutorial and much more.
Narrated by Grammy Award ® winner and Oscar ® nominee Pharrell Williams, Dr. Seuss’ The Grinch stars Academy Award ® nominee Benedict Cumberbatch (Dr. Strange, “Sherlock”) as the infamous Grinch, who lives a solitary life inside a cave on Mt. Crumpit with only his loyal dog, Max, for company.
The incredible voice cast includes Rashida Jones (“Parks and Recreation,” The Muppets) as Donna Who, Kenan Thompson (“Saturday Night Live”) as Bricklebaum, Cameron Seely (The Greatest Showman) as Cindy-Lou Who, and featuring legendary actress Angela Lansbury (Anastasia, Beauty and the Beast) as the mayor of Whoville.
BONUS FEATURES EXCLUSIVE TO 4K ULTRA HD, 3D BLU-RAY, BLU-RAY and DVD:
- Who's Who in Who-ville (interactive map) - There are so many interesting characters that call Who-ville home that it’s hard to keep track of them all. This “Who’s Who” pop-up book uses animation to create a virtual storybook that takes us from Who-ville to Mt. Crumpit.
- "You're A Mean One, Mr. Grinch" Lyric Video – Tyler, The Creator puts a modern spin on the Seussian Christmas classic.
MINI-MOVIES ON 4K ULTRA HD, 3D BLU-RAY, BLU-RAY, DVD & DIGITAL:
- Yellow is the New Black – Before they all make their big escape from prison in Despicable Me 3, a couple of lucky Minions get a taste of freedom as they break free with the help of one of their fellow human inmates.
- Dog Days of Winter – Max braves the harsh winter weather and an uncooperative Who to bring a sick Grinch his favorite hot tea.
- Santa's Little Helpers – Fan favorites – the Minions – are back for another adventure! Having been accidently dropped off at the North Pole, our Minion pals make the most of the situation by trying to become elves.
BONUS FEATURES ON 4K ULTRA HD, 3D BLU-RAYTM, BLU-RAYTM, DVD & DIGITAL:
- The Making of the Mini-Movies - Mini in size but not in heart, these short films are fan favorites. From the Grinch and Max to the Minions – you’ll explore the themes of each of the mini-movies through the eyes of the filmmakers who made them.
- From Green to Screen - It takes a lot to bring grumpy green to your home screen. This inside look at the making of Illumination’s Dr. Seuss’s The Grinch features interviews and behind-the-scenes moments with the cast, filmmakers and artists whose hearts have all grown three sizes bringing this classic tale to life.
- Illuminating THE GRINCH - Using filmmaker and cast interviews, concept art and progression reels, we take a behind-the-scenes look at how the characters evolved from initial sketches to fully realized characters.
- My Earliest GRINCH Memories - The cast and filmmakers of Dr. Seuss’s The Grinch reveal their earliest memories of the grumpy green character and the enduring appeal of this Christmas curmudgeon’s journey to redemption.
- Grinchy Gadgets - From his body-size blow dryer to his moving mechanical chair, from his catapult to his dog drone-rig and more… you’ll get to explore the wondrous world of Grinch’s gadgets.
- "I Am The Grinch" Lyric Video - A stylized look at Tyler, The Creator’s original song created just for the film.
- Songs From His Little Heart - Take a deep dive into the toe tapping beats of Dr. Seuss’s The Grinch. From score to specialty songs, you’ll hear from the film’s A-list musicians on what it took to create the music behind the movie.
- X-mas Around the World - Every culture practices Christmas in a slightly different way. We’ll highlight some of the more fun permutations of the holiday around the globe.
- Cindy-Lou's Yule Log - Nothing says the holidays quite like an animated fireplace blasting fake heat from your living room television. Just in time for winter, we’ll recreate Cindy-Lou’s living room on Christmas Eve for all to enjoy.
- Production Babies - A celebration of the babies born to the filmmakers during the production of Illumination’s Dr. Seuss’s The Grinch.
- Any Who Can Draw - Hosted by an Illumination artist and head of story Mark O'Hare, you’ll see step-by-step how to draw some of your favorite characters from this beloved holiday classic; Grinch, Max and Fred!
To learn more, visit - www.uni.pictures/TheGrinch