Note: I was invited as media and received a gift bag after the event. No other compensation was received. Views expressed are always 100% my own.
Written by Christina Chin, who's hip, fashionable and located in New York City.
I attended a media tour held at Kellari Taverna with delicious greek hors d'oeurves and sipped on 'Dead Sea' cocktails while the "house" doctor of The View, Dr. Steven Lamm discussed LAVI and their Dead Sea Sinus Solution as well as give tips on managing seasonal allergies.
LAVI's products main difference is the Dead Sea salt formula which has been clinically proven to be more effective than other saline or 'sea salt' products and as effective as nasal steroids without the negative side effects. Dead Sea salt has a unique composition (Magnesium, Potassium, Sodium) from other salts (Sodium) that provide a natural anti-inflammatory effect other salt do not.
LAVI Dead Sea Sinus Solutions products are all natural and non-addictive and ideal for anyone include old and young, pregnant and even those for whom prescriptions or medicated allergy/sinus products may be contraindicated. These products can be used for both preventative measures as well as treating onset allergy reactions.
LAVI offers a range of sinus solutions including:
Complete Sinus Wash Kit ($15.99) : Everything you need for simple, effective and economical sinus wash, it includes easy-mix concentrate for 60 washes, plus easy-to-use custom reusable dispenser with self-orienting tip.
Nasal Decongestant Spray ($8.99) : LAVI Nasal Spray is a hypertonic, anti-inflammatory Dead Sea mineral solution that acts as a powerful, natural decongestant, safely relieving swelling, congestion, and other moderate to severe allergy symptoms. LAVI Nasal Spray can also be used as a “mini sinus wash” when needed.
Dr. Lamm also provided some basic quick tips on managing seasonal allergies:
- Keep pollen under control. Wash your bedding every week in hot water. Take showers after spending long periods of time outdoor.
- Protect yourself when working outdoors. Wear a mask to protect yourself from airborne allergens, especially on windy days.
- Protect yourself when working indoors. Wear protective gear when dusting, vacuuming, painting, etc to limit the amount of dust/chemicals you are exposed to
- Wash rugs. Try to limit the number of throw rugs to reduce dust and mold
- Keep indoor air clean. Keep windows closed to reduce pollen and dust levels and change air filters in AC units and vents frequently.
- Practice daily nasal washing and proper nasal hygiene. Doing so can help flush allergens, pollutants, germs and other toxins from your nasal passage.