Note: I received Disney Nutcracker globe and bluray/dvd for review purpose. Any personal views expressed are always 100% my own.
It's not easy to be different. I remember the stress of being a teen, who was into scifi and who day dreamed about the future. At that time I was nerdy. LOL. But girls should be allowed to be themselves, whatever that means. Like my niece.
My niece was my first baby many years before my son. Over the years I've watched her grow. Like any child, my niece did all the activities kids like to do. The family soon discovered that sports are her thing. And she became a track and basketball star. But she didn't stop there.
My niece is also into being creative. She's currently taking a sculpture class, which she was excited to tell me ALL about. She's really enjoying the class and discovering ways she can be artistic. She made me smile.
To encourage my niece to keep being creative....and yeah also to get some one on one time with her.....I asked her to help me put together a snow globe I received as part of "Disney's The Nutcracker and the Four Realms" Bluray/DVD/Digital HD release.
Being a teen, at first she was like "snow globe"?! But once I took out the package and explained that she could put it together however she wanted....I don't have to tell you she became excited. And so we built the globe and talked. Built the globe and laughed. Built the globe and encouraged.
While my niece has an idea of what she likes doing, she's still a teen with questions and fears as she nears womanhood. Lets be honest the pressure increases in some ways. Especially for black girls.
So during our talks I encouraged my niece to keep being herself. Whoever "she" is. Yes we change as we grow older and that's okay. We can change. We can let go of things to start doing new things. There's no set rules except be yourself and do the things that make you happy. You will figure it out.
And when she does, I'll still be here to support and encourage her.
Just like me niece, Clara in "Disney's The Nutcracker and the Four Realms" has to discover who she is. Thankfully she also has friends and family who encourages Clara to be her creative self. Learn how by watching "The Nutcracker and the Four Realms" now available on Digital HD and Blu-ray/DVD.
The Nutcracker and the Four Realms | On Digital & Blu-ray
Disney's dazzling adventure "The Nutcracker and the Four Realms"- inspired by E.T.A. Hoffmann's classic tale and the beloved ballet "The Nutcracker"- carried audiences along with 14-year-old Clara (Mackenzie Foy) to a magical, mysterious world with breathtaking performances by Misty Copeland plus sweets, snowflakes, soldiers, scurrying mice... and no shortage of surprises.
Bonus features include a discussion with American Ballet Theatre’s Misty Copeland about her role as the enchanting Ballerina Princess, her personal history with “The “Nutcracker” ballet, and her inspirational and historic rise within the world of dance.
Extras take viewers on the set of “The Nutcracker and the Four Realms” to meet both new and reimagined characters, and discover how the Land of Sweets, Land of Snowflakes, Land of Flowers and mysterious Fourth Realm were created to such dazzling effect. Deleted scenes provide a look at magical moments that didn’t make the final version of the movie
In “The Nutcracker and the Four Realms,” Clara travels along a golden thread, presented at Drosselmeyer’s (Morgan Freeman) annual party, eagerly searching for a one-of-a-kind key that will unlock a music box that holds a priceless gift.
When she enters a mysterious parallel world, Clara encounters a Nutcracker soldier named Phillip (Jayden Fowora-Knight), a gang of mice and three Realm regents, including the Sugar Plum Fairy (Keira Knightley). Ultimately, she must brave the ominous Fourth Realm, home to the tyrant Mother Ginger (Helen Mirren), to retrieve the key and return harmony to the unstable world.
BLU-RAY and DVD FEATURES
- On Pointe: A Conversation with Misty Copeland - Copeland shares the thrill of portraying one of her favorite characters in a whole new way.
- Unwrapping “The Nutcracker and the Four Realms” - Dive into the production design, sets, costumes and more that helped transform a beloved ballet into an adventurous movie.
Deleted Scenes –
- The Stahlbaums Arrive- As the Stahlbaums enter the Christmas Eve ball, the butler attempts to announce them to the assembled guests.
- Follow Your Ribbon- Drosselmeyer encourages a reluctant Clara to go find her gift.
- Deleted Scene: Clara Asks About Her Mother- Sugar Plum gives Clara a tour of her mother’s bedroom.
- Left, Left, Left, Left, Left- Wandering lost in the forest, palace guards Cavalier and Harlequin quarrel about which way to go.
- Out with the Old- Sugar Plum makes sweeping changes to the palace decor.
Music Videos -
- “Fall on Me” Performed by Andrea Bocelli Featuring Matteo Bocelli- Experience superstar tenor Andrea Bocelli and his son Matteo Bocelli performing their first duet together in this uplifting song.
- “The Nutcracker Suite” Performed by Lang Lang- Get swept up in a series of images from the movie, set to Tchaikovsky’s music and featuring world-renowned pianist Lang Lang.
- Unwrapped: The Visual Effects of “The Nutcracker and the Four Realms” - View a reel that explores the layers of effects in sequences of the film.
To learn more visit - www.movies.disney.com/the-nutcracker-and-the-four-realms