Note: I was invited as media to this event. However, any personal views expressed are always 100% my own.
Anki OVERDRIVE is battle-racing where players control physical supercars via handheld mobile devices to compete against friends, family or AI commanders. The game introduces an innovative magnetic modular track system that allows gamers to custom build their own battlefields within seconds.
Players in Anki OVERDRIVE control detailed robotic supercars on tracks they can assembled in their own living room (or anywhere). The supercars are customizable with hundreds of new virtual weapons, upgrades and special items for all-out vehicular mayhem. Cutting-edge AI allows the cars to fully control themselves on the tracks and use diverse strategies to fight to the finish.
The six new supercars in Anki OVERDRIVE are created by Hollywood car designer Harald Belker, whose graphically bold vision and style has been seen in futuristic vehicles appearing in such films as Minority Report (2002), TRON: Legacy (2010), and Total Recall (2012).
His sleek Anki OVERDRIVE creations are packed with a 50MHZ computer and camera that recognizes player-built courses mapping tracks at 500 data points per second.
Cars and Weapons (SKULL and GROUNDSHOCK are included in Starter Kit):
- SKULL – The car’s Pirate Core lets it sail across the track at high speed while its cannon rips through enemy hulls.
- GROUNDSHOCK – Its PowerStation Core electrifies the track with split-second maneuvering and lightning-fast attacks. Don’t get in its way.
- THERMO - Its Magma Core engine is old-school meets future. Using hyper-charged internal combustion, it not only burns up the track, it projects fire at anyone in range.
- NUKE - Its Fusion Core can be charged up to unleash ultra-high energy blasts that tear through normal shields. Its cool exterior masks an unstable explosive interior.
- GUARDIAN - The car’s Siren Core keeps the pursuit of victory going at full volume. Its piercing sonic attacks go right through armor and cause challengers to lose control.
- BIGBANG – This armor-plated heavyweight’s Graviton Core creates massive shockwaves that send foes flying off course.
The Anki OVERDRIVE Starter Kit will retail at $150.00 and will come with two supercars and 10 separate modular FlexTrack pieces, allowing gamers to build eight different battle courses. Players will also be able to expand their battlefield by adding expansion pieces to the starter kit to build massive megatracks with endless variations and new gameplay possibilities.
Expansion track packs and accessories vary between US $10.00 – $30.00 per pack and expansion robotic supercars retail at $50.00.
Check out the Anki OVERDRIVE Official Reveal Trailer
After launch, exciting new game modes and features will be available on a rolling basis at no additional cost.
Anki OVERDRIVE is also backwards-compatible. Owners of the original Anki DRIVE will be able to download the Anki OVERDRIVE app for free and use Anki DRIVE cars and tracks in specific modes of Anki OVERDRIVE.
Keep up with the latest Anki news, visit - www.anki.com/en
On Facebook - www.facebook.com/anki
On Twitter - www.twitter.com/anki
On Instagram - www.instagram.com/anki