Star Wars: Rogue One Blu-ray Bonus Features & K2SO Video Clips #RogueOne
Now that Rogue One: A Star Wars Story has released on Blu-ray™ Combo Pack, DVD and On-Demand, I hope you add the movie to your families collection. While Star Wars fans will be excited, I think the story of Rogue One can be enjoyed by anyone, even if their not a Star Wars fan.
Note: I received product for review purpose, however any personal views expressed are always 100% my own
Rogue One offers so much in the terms of story telling that has very little to do with light sabers and using the force. While there is some saber and force actions it comes long after the main story about Jyn and how the rebellion formed. Which is great for those wanting some backstory behind it all.
A great thing about the Blu-ray™ Combo Pack is that it provides so much behind the scene features. You really get to know more about the Rogue One world and it's characters.
For example here are clips from the "K2SO: The Droid" bonus feature on the Blu-ray, which highlights everything from K2SO's design to how Alan Tudky brought him to life on set.
ROGUE ONE | K2SO Design Video Clip
ROGUE ONE | Walking On Stilts Video Clip
Being able to watch all these features really helped to expand my enjoyment while watching the main story Rogue One again. And again. And again. Because trust me you'll want to watch each scene again to discover Easter eggs and hidden film facts.
So make sure to get your copy of Rogue One: A Star Wars Story!
The release includes never-before-seen “Rogue One” bonus material that will take fans behind the scenes with the movie’s diverse, dynamic cast and inspired team of filmmakers. An intimate collection of stories reveals how the film came to life, as well as hidden Easter Eggs and film facts that audiences may have missed in the theater.
ABOUT “ROGUE ONE: A STAR WARS STORY”:
From Lucasfilm comes the first of the Star Wars standalone films, “Rogue One: A Star Wars Story,” an all-new epic adventure. In a time of conflict, a group of unlikely heroes band together on a mission to steal the plans to the Death Star, the Empire’s ultimate weapon of destruction. This key event in the Star Wars timeline brings together ordinary people who choose to do extraordinary things, and in doing so, become part of something greater than themselves.
“Rogue One: A Star Wars Story” and stars Felicity Jones, Diego Luna, Ben Mendelsohn, Donnie Yen, Mads Mikkelsen, Alan Tudyk, Riz Ahmed, with Jiang Wen and Forest Whitaker.
Directed by Gareth Edwards, Produced by Kathleen Kennedy, Allison Shearmur and Simon Emanuel, with Executive Producers John Knoll and Jason McGatlin.
The story is by John Knoll and Gary Whitta, and the screenplay is by Chris Weitz and Tony Gilroy.
Bonus features include*:
- A Rogue Idea – Hear how ILM’s John Knoll came up with the movie’s concept – and why it’s the right film to launch the Star Wars stand-alone films.
- Jyn: The Rebel – Get to know Rogue One’s defiant, resourceful survivor, and hear what it was like for Felicity Jones to bring her to life onscreen.
- Cassian: The Spy – Diego Luna shares insights into his complex, driven character, who becomes a hero through selflessness, perseverance and passion.
- K-2SO: The Droid – Explore the development of this reprogrammed Imperial droid, from initial pitch and character design through Alan Tudyk’s performance.
- Baze & Chirrut: Guardians of the Whills – Go deeper into the relationship between these two very different characters, with Chinese superstars Jiang Wen and Donnie Yen.
- Bodhi & Saw: The Pilot & The Revolutionary – Forest Whitaker and Riz Ahmed reflect on Saw Gerrera, the broken Rebel leader, and Bodhi Rook, the Imperial pilot who defects.
- The Empire – Meet a dangerous new Imperial adversary…and cross paths once more with the most iconic villain of all time.
- Visions of Hope: The Look of “Rogue One” – The filmmakers describe the challenges and thrills of developing a bold new look for the movie that can fit within the world of the original trilogy.
- The Princess & The Governor – See what it took to bring the vibrant young princess of “Star Wars: A New Hope” – as well as one of her most memorable foes– – back to the screen.
- Epilogue: The Story Continues – Filmmakers and cast celebrate Rogue One’s premiere and look forward into the future, to the Star Wars stories yet to be told.
- Rogue Connections – Uncover Easter eggs and film facts hidden throughout the movie that connect “Rogue One” to the Star Wars universe.
To learn more about Rogue One, visit - www.starwars.com/rogue-one