Marvel Doctor Strange in Dolby Cinema, Blu-ray & Digital HD #DolbyCinema #DoctorStrange
When Marvel Studios DOCTOR STRANGE opened in theaters, I scored an invite with Dolby to see it in a Dolby Cinema at AMC Theatres. It was so worth seeing DOCTOR STRANGE there.
Note: I'm part of Dolby influencer program and will share information about their products. I was invited as media to the movie screening. However any personal views expressed are always 100% my own.
DOCTOR STRANGE mesmerized me in Dolby Atmos surround sound and the visual effects was magical to watch in Dolby Vision. While those things make DOCTOR STRANGE a must see movie, it's the storytelling that sets it apart of being yet another action movie.
I watched as the arrogant Dr. Stephen Strange goes through a life changing experience and then learns how to experience life...in a new way. A way that frees him to see there's so much more to himself and the world. What Dr. Strange does with his life after accepting this really leads to some amazing moments and make this an enjoyable movie.
And now that DOCTOR STRANGE will be released on Digital HD/3D on Feb. 14 and Disney Movies Anywhere, or on Blu-ray 3D™, Blu-ray, Digital SD, DVD and On-Demand on Feb. 28 , you can join him on his journey all over again.
Plus enjoy over 80 minutes of never-before-seen bonus materials, including five behind-the-scenes featurettes, five deleted scenes, hilarious outtakes, part two of the comical mockumentary “Team Thor,” audio commentary, and an exclusive look at the future of the Marvel Cinematic Universe
From Marvel Studios comes Doctor Strange, the story of world-famous neurosurgeon Dr. Stephen Strange (Benedict Cumberbatch), whose life changes forever after a horrific car accident renders his hands useless.
When traditional medicine fails him, he travels to the remote Kamar-Taj in search of a cure, but instead discovers the mystical arts and becomes a powerful sorcerer battling dark forces bent on destroying our reality.
“Doctor Strange” stars Benedict Cumberbatch, Chiwetel Ejiofor, Rachel McAdams, Benedict Wong, Michael Stuhlbarg, Benjamin Bratt and Scott Adkins, with Mads Mikkelsen and Tilda Swinton.
Marvel Studios’ Doctor Strange | Welcome to The Multiverse
Bonus Features (Bonus features may vary by retailer. The DVD does not include any bonus materials.):
DIGITAL HD & BLU-RAY:
- A Strange Transformation – Open your eye to a new dimension of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, and see how the filmmakers brought one of comic books’ greatest characters to life.
- Strange Company – Find out what it’s like for the cast to work on a Marvel film, and how Director Scott Derrickson engineered one of the most ambitious, imaginative films ever.
- The Fabric of Reality – Take a closer look at the movie’s extraordinary sets, meticulously crafted costumes and amazingly detailed production elements.
- Across Time and Space – Explore the countless hours of dance and fight choreography the actors endured in preparation for their physically demanding roles.
- The Score-cerer Supreme – Join Composer Michael Giacchino and a full orchestra during live recording sessions, and experience the movie’s mind-bending music.
- Marvel Studios Phase 3 Exclusive Look – Get an early peek at Marvel’s spectacular upcoming films, including Marvel Studios’ Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, Thor: Ragnarok, Black Panther and Avengers: Infinity War.
- Team Thor: Part 2 – See more of the hilarious partnership between Thor and his roommate Darryl in this satirical short.
- Deleted Scenes: Strange Meets Daniel Drumm, Kaecilius Searches for Answers, The Kamar-Taj Courtyard, Making Contact, Lost in Kathmandu
- Gag Reel
- Audio Commentary by Director Scott Derrickson
- Through the Keyhole: The Science of the MCU – Discover how Marvel grounds all its films in real science, and explore the connection between science, magic and imagination.
Scott Derrickson (“Deliver Us from Evil,” “Sinister”) is directing with Kevin Feige, p.g.a., producing. Louis D’Esposito, Stephen Broussard, Victoria Alonso, Charles Newirth and Stan Lee serve as executive producers.
The screenplay was written by Jon Spaihts (“The Darkest Hour,” “Prometheus”) and Scott Derrickson & C. Robert Cargill (“Sinister,” “Sinister 2”).
Visit the official DOCTOR STRANGE website: www.marvel.com/doctorstrange
Like DOCTOR STRANGE on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DoctorStrangeMovie
Follow DOCTOR STRANGE on Twitter: www.twitter.com/DrStrange
Follow Marvel on Instagram: www.instagram.com/marvel