Talking Gut Health with Ellie Krieger and Renew Life #RenewLifeProbiotics
When was the last time you stopped to think about your "gut" health? Most of us don't think about our digestion system unless there's an issue. But we should be more aware of our digestive health.
Note: This post was sponsored by the Role Mommy Writer's Network. I was invited as media to this event. However, any personal views expressed are always 100% my own.
To learn more about "gut" health and how we can use probiotics to support a healthier digestion system, I met with Ellie Krieger, RDN, culinary nutritionist, author and host of “Ellie's Real Good Food” show.
Like many of you, I've heard about probiotics and know I should make it part of my lifestyle yet.....I haven't.
But while talking with Ellie, I learn that "70% of the immune system is located in the intestinal tract, therefore, maintaining gut health is a key part of maintaining your overall health."
Seriously?! So clearly we need to learn about and then maintain our digestive health.
Ironically it's easier then we think. Since our "gut" already contains trillions of bacteria that helps with digestive and immune health, our job is to make sure things are balanced so our "gut" can keep doing it's job.
While you can eat specific foods to manage your "gut" health. Most of us don't have the time or resources. So one easier way is with probiotics like those offered by Renew Life.
A few things I learned about the brand that impressed me:
- The company has been around for 20 years and mainly focus on digestive health.
- The probiotics line are free of GMOs, wheat, gluten, soy, dairy, eggs, shellfish, tree nuts, and artificial ingredients.
- The probiotics line has formulas specially designed for everyone in the family, including kids and seniors.
Ellie also shared the results of a recent survey done conducted online within the United States by Harris Poll on behalf of Renew Life Probiotics from November 9-11, 2016 among 1,127 U.S. women ages 18 and older., that found out:
- Nearly three quarters of women (72 percent) have experienced a digestive/gut issue in the past 12 months with gas/bloating (53 percent) being the most reported issue, but nearly two in three women (64 percent) aren’t even willing to talk about gut issues with their friends.
- Nearly a quarter of women (22 percent) don’t consider the status of their digestive health when they think about their overall health and wellness, but it can affect your entire body, including mood, memory, immunity, digestion and more.
- Furthermore, some women are unaware that diet (16 percent), stress (21 percent), aging (43 percent) and even their living environment (52 percent) are factors that can upset the delicate bacterial equilibrium in the gut, which can make it difficult to feel your best.
Since digestive wellness has such a strong connection to our over all health, Renew Life Ultimate Flora Probiotics has launched the “Get to Know Your Gut” education campaign in order to increase awareness and turn the table on the taboo topic of gut health.
I hope this post shows you why we need to know and take care of our "gut" health!
To learn more about Renew Life Ultimate Flora Probiotics, visit - www.renewlife.com
On Facebook - www.facebook.com/pages/Renew-Life-Formulas
On Twitter - www.twitter.com/RenewLifeInc