Getting ready for holiday/black Friday/cyber Monday shopping? I know I am. I already have a list of items to treat my family with now and then make up the payments when it comes time for tax refund season!
Note: This is a sponsored post in partnership with Jackson Hewitt Tax Service. However, any personal views expressed are always 100% my own
Like me, many of my friends plan our holiday budgets this way. It just seems easier right? But what if it's no longer this easy?
I recently learned about the new PATH act, which was passed to protect against identity theft and tax fraud but means refund delays for 26 million consumers (which might include me and you!). This act will specifically affect taxpayers who receive the earned income tax credit (EIC) or the additional child tax credit (ACTC). Which means we won't receive our refund any earlier than Feb 15th!
That can really put a dent in the joy of holiday shopping! What can we do?!
Well the folks of Jackson Hewitt Tax Service reached out to me with information about Express Refund Advance, a solution to receive an advance on your tax refund just in time for the holiday to help offset costs.
Express Refund Advance is a 0% APR loan between $200 and $1,300, which would really help with the holiday budget. And guess what, Jackson Hewitt clients pay NO FEE for the advance. Plus the money will be available the same day you complete your tax return.
If you qualify, you can receive via Express Refund Advance, when you file taxes with Jackson Hewitt as early as December 15 - just in time for the holidays!
So lets recap a few things....
WHY IS EXPRESS REFUND ADVANCE IMPORTANT?
- Millions of taxpayers count on their tax refund to pay for holiday spending.
- The PATH Act, deigned to curb tax fraud, will impact refund timing.
- The law allows the IRS additional time to review returns with Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC), the Additional Child Tax Credit (ACTC).
- For tax returns that contain (EITC) and/or (ACTC), the refunds be funded no earlier than Feb. 15, 2017.
- Express Refund Advance helps taxpayers bridge the gap between holiday bills and the arrival of their tax refund to avoid resorting to high interest loans.
HOW DOES EXPRESS REFUND ADVANCE WORK?
- There’s no credit check.
- Clients can pre-qualify online at www.expressrefundadvance.com
- By answering a few simple questions, clients can get an estimate on their refund, apply for Express Refund Advance, and make an appointment to see a Jackson Hewitt Tax Pro.
- Express Refund Advance is paid back when client receives refund at 0% ARP, and no fee.
WHEN IS EXPRESS REFUND ADVANCE AVAILABLE?
- Starting December 15th, clients can get money when Jackson Hewitt opens their offices.
- No W2. No problem.
- Between $200 - $400 in December.
- Between $200 - $1300 in January when clients receive their W2.
- Starting Dec 27, Walmart will support this program when Jackson Hewitt opens locations in +3,000 Walmart stores.
WHY IS JACKSON HEWITT DOING THIS?
As advocates for their clients, Jackson Hewitt is committed to helping clients get faster, lower-cost access to money when they need it most.
Jackson Hewitt are absorbing the cost of Express Refund Advance to help their clients. It shows how Jackson Hewitt works hard for and keeps clients. This is the third year Jackson Hewitt is offering a Refund Advance to clients
That's pretty impressive right?
To learn more about Jackson Hewitt, visit - www.jacksonhewitt.com