NYC & Company, New York City’s official destination marketing organization, invites visitors and locals from all five boroughs to Times Square for an exciting special initiative that showcases Indian arts and culture called Diwali at Times Square, on Sunday, October 16, 2016 from 2:00p.m. to 9:00 p.m. in Times Square, Manhattan.
Diwali at Times Square will include a wide range of activities including:
- Cultural performances, folk dances, concerts and a national dance competition;
- Diwali bazaar with Indian food, Indian clothing and jewels, Henna/Mehandi artists, balloon figures and face painting as well as free gifts and raffle drawings;
- Traditional ceremonies including the lighting of the Diya;
- Photo and autograph pavilion with Bollywood Stars, TV celebrities, world renowned musicians and local talent;
- And a fireworks spectacular to end the evening!
Diwali at Times Square aims to involve, engage and educate all on India’s rich culture, heritage and diversity while celebrating the ancient Indian festival of Diwali, the Festival of Lights.
To see more events, visit www.nycgo.com