Is it time to get your child ready for their first day of school? Help get them excited by watching the new PBS KIDS’ WORDWORLD “IT’S TIME FOR SCHOOL” DVD
Note: I received product sample for review purpose. Any personal views expressed are always 100% my own.
We received a copy of the DVD for review and enjoyed it. It's filled with fun stories and great learning moments with the WordFriends. Kids (and their families) will enjoy watching the DVD to help prepare for going to school.
The WORDWORLD “IT’S TIME FOR SCHOOL” DVD (SRP $9.99) will be available on July 26, 2016 and features eight fun-filled story adventures.
The “IT’S TIME FOR SCHOOL” DVD stories includes:
- “Shark’s First Day of School” - It’s the first day of school for the youngest WordFriends, but Shark is afraid to go. With the help of his good buddy, Duck, and some gentle encouragement from their teacher, Cat, Shark’s fear turns to confidence, and by day’s end he’s at the head of the class. Build a Word: FLAG
- “The Best Nest” - It’s Duck’s turn at show-and-tell at school, and he wants to bring the thing he loves the best: his nest! But when the nest breaks apart into letters, will Duck be able to retrieve them all in time? Build a Word: NEST
- “Sandbox Surprise” - Duck and Dog become curious about compound words when they discover the word “sandbox” is made of two words. How many words can they pull apart in WordWorld before chaos breaks loose? Build a Word: SANDBOX
- “Duck At Bat” - Duck loses the letter “b” to his baseball bat just before the big game is supposed to start. He tries to build other words to hit the ball – MAT, HAT – but soon learns that you need the right letter with the right sound to build the right word…and hit a homer! Build a Word: BAT
- “Totally Terrific Duck” - Bear is going to paint everyone’s picture today, and Duck wants to look “totally terrific for his portrait. Not to worry! Frog and Sheep help him build a tie, top hat, and tutu – because if you want to look totally terrific you need the letter “T.” A tie, top hat, and tutu? Now that’s one totally, totally, TOTALLY terrific-looking Duck! Build a Word: TIE
- “Tick Tock Space Clock” - When a mysterious rocket lands in WordWorld, Duck pledges to help a robot track down a very important clock. He searches all over WordWorld, listening for the special sound that will lead the robot to the clock that will save his home planet. Build a Word: CLOCK
- “Dog Wants to Play Ball” - Dog wants to play ball, but he’s having trouble communicating with his friends. Pig, Sheep, and Frog each think Dog wants to do what they want to do. When Bear actually takes the time to listen to Dog, Dog gets his wish…and everyone has a ball! Build a Word: BALL
- “Welcome Home, Duck” - Frog, excited about Duck’s return from a long vacation, makes a “Welcome Home” banner to hang over Duck’s nest. Problem is, the dock connecting Frog’s log to Duck’s nest has broken, so Frog has to find another way across. Frog tries building a sock and a block to replace the dock, but it’s not until he builds a rock that he can land on, halfway across the pond, that he’s able to get across the water to Duck’s nest. Build a Word: ROCK
Fans of the series will also find a special bonus book inside the DVD that features 16 pages of activities.
The Learning & Activity Book offers families another fun way to teach kids new words and reinforce reading skills. This book, which features coloring pages, word searches, and other activities, will be included within this DVD for a limited time.
To learn more about WORDWORLD, visit - www.wordworld.com
ENTER TO WIN THIS GIVEAWAY!
- (1) WordWorld: It's Time for School DVD
Entries must be made on or before 11:59 p.m. July 25, 2016.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Winner will be selected by random.org. Giveaway entry must be completed before extra entries will count. Winner will be contacted by email and must respond within 24 hours or a new winner will be selected. Open to residents of the U.S. with a valid street address.