This month the ASPCA is celebrating their 150th anniversary by launching the "150 Days of Rescue" nationwide action campaign, that seeks to unite the country in making a difference in the lives of animals.
As part of this campaign, from April 10 and September 7, kids and their families are encouraged to pledge their time to help animals in need, with the goal of reaching 150,000 actions for animals in 150 days.
Want to be involved? Here is a list for ways kids (and their families) can help animals in need.
- Host a Bake Sale: Kids can cook up fun food items for bake sales and sweet swaps to raise funds for animals. Animal-shaped cookie cutters make the point deliciously clear.
- Organize a Supply Drive: Collaborating with others or on their own, kids can create school or community donation drives that collect crucial shelter supplies like towels, food, newspaper, cleaning products, blankets, toys, and more. Check with your local shelter first to see what they need most.
- Become a Foster Family: When families provide temporary homes for animals awaiting adoption, they help animals get used to home environments, expose them to new potential adopters, and help prevent overcrowding at local rescues and shelters. Visit your local shelter to learn more about their foster programs.
- Donate a Special Day: Kids can make their birthdays or other special days more meaningful by asking friends and family to donate to an animal welfare cause instead of – or in addition to – giving traditional gifts. These events are also great opportunities for donation drives.
- Write About Animal Welfare: Animal welfare issues make great essay and report topics because they combine compassion with a strong and specific cause, like animal homelessness, puppy mills, dog fighting, animal cruelty, and more.
To learn more about being part of ASPCA 150, visit www.ASPCA.org/150days
To celebrate this campaign, here's a giveaway for commemorative ASPCA 150 gift pack
ENTER TO WIN THIS GIVEAWAY!
ASPCA 150 gift pack includes
- ASPCA 150th Beach Ball
- ASPCA 150th Towel
- ASPCA 150th Luggage Tag
- ASPCA Frisbee
- ASPCA Tote
WAYS TO ENTER:
Entries must be made on or before 11:59 p.m. April 29, 2016.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Winner will be selected by random.org. Giveaway entry must be completed before extra entries will count. Winner will be contacted by email and must respond within 24 hours or a new winner will be selected. Open to residents of the U.S. with a valid street address.