Getting Crafty with KLUTZ Handmade Kits for Holidays #KLUTZhandmade
The holidays are almost here and everyone is already thinking about gifts. This year I wanted to do something different and more personal. So instead of store bought gifts I wanted to try making handmade gifts using a few of the KLUTZ products.
Note: Prizing for the giveaway as well as compensation with product sample provided by Klutz for review purpose. Any personal views expressed are always 100% my own.
To help us get started making our gift ideas, KLUTZ sent us a nice variety of activity kits.
Since my son wanted to "help" me make a handmade gift, I decided we'd use the String Art kit to make our first item. The kit was fully stocked with most items we'd need. We only had to add a few items like tape and scissors.
After reading the book manual, which has nice clear easy to understand instructions, my son picked a "leaf" design and started following the steps.
We traced our design
Picked out our background paper
Taped our back ground paper to the cardboard mount (where the pins will go into)
Since it's real pins, I took over the task of inserting the pins into the cardboard. I used the included tool, which helped me push the pins down. It helped me line up all my pins at the correct height. Nice and quick!
Once the pins where lined up, my son removed the tracing paper and got ready to start stringing.
He picked out the color yarn he wanted and started wrapping it around the pins according to the directions. I was impressed how quick he learned what to do and was able to do it on his own.
Did I mention he was suppose to be "helping" me make this handmade gift idea.....
But since he was doing so well, I let him finish the project. And it came out great for a first try. He now wants to "help" me with the other kits!
The KLUTZ Handmade kits come with a colorful book of instructions and ideas as well as supplies to start the handmade project.
To see more kits, visit www.KLUTZ.com
You can also follow KLUTZ on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram
With so many projects to choose from, KLUTZ kits can help you and the kids in your life make something for everyone on your list -- enter for a chance to win your own KLUTZ collection to create handmade gifts this holiday!
ENTER TO WIN THIS GIVEAWAY!
(1) Set of 5 KLUTZ Activity Kits
- Finger Knitting - Make scarves, hats, jewelry, cat ear headbands, boot toppers, and much more with easy instructions for 15 projects. Even if you've never knit a stitch before, you'll be amazed by what you can make without needles. And with 200 yards of metallic-sparkle yarn right in the box, you can whip up 2 extra-large scarves or several smaller projects.
- Make Glitter Clay Charms - Starting with a few basic shapes and easy-to-mold clay, you can sculpt mini food, tiny aliens and robots, pocket-sized unicorns, and dozens of other cuties that you can customize with extra personality. Just pop your creations in the oven to set (with an adult's help, of course), use our special glaze to give them polish and add as much glitter as you want, then attach them to the included bracelet. Each project has clear instructions and a true-to-life sizing guide to help you craft your own glitter charms.
- Pop Collage - Learn to tear, cut, hole-punch, and layer the included Pop Pages in unexpected ways. It's a no-mistake, anything-goes activity-chaos encouraged. Tackle the 10 projects included in the book like paper bowls, a bookmark, an owl, an accessory tray, a frame, and more. Then get inspired with ideas from the book so you can make anything pop!
- Shrink & Link Jewelry - This is the only book out there that lets you make reusable, transferable, dimensional pendants and attach them to a ring or a necklace. With Shrink and Link Jewelry, you can create brilliant shrink art charms from over 50 traceable designs - and then mix and match them for a limitless wardrobe of unique, colorful jewelry!
- String Art - String art used to be just for squares (and triangles and other geometric shapes), but our new string art system opens up a whole new world of possibilities. From cute critters to fashionable flowers to trendy typography, kids can make everything in the book after learning just three simple methods. With instructions for 20 projects and enough materials for six, kids will be making amazing art in no time.
WAYS TO ENTER:
Entries must be made on or before 11:59 p.m. November 23, 2015.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Winner will be selected by random.org. Giveaway entry must be completed before extra entries will count. Winner will be contacted by email and must respond within 24 hours or a new winner will be selected. Open to residents of the U.S. with a valid street address.