Wonder Workshop Dash & Dot Robots Makes Learning to Code Easy
A few months ago we won the Wonder Workshop Dash & Dot Robots after attending the KidzVuz Back to School Bash. Which was very exciting since during the event, my son was really taken with Dash & Dot!
Note: Sponsored for the KidzVuz Star Reviewer Program. However, any personal views expressed are always 100% my own.
- Meet Dash - Dash is a real robot, charged and ready to play out of the box. Responding to voice, navigating objects, dancing, and singing, Dash is the robot you always dreamed of having. Use Wonder, Blockly, and other apps to create new behaviors for Dash — doing more with robotics than ever possible. No books or camps needed!
- Meet Dot - Dot is the brains of a robot. Dot comes with several games you can play right out of the box, such as Magic Dot Ball, Dot of Music, and Light Sword. Using free apps Wonder and Blockly, you get to see how these games are created, and make over a hundred more of your own games. The apps come with puzzles to guide you through — no books or camps needed!
Since then my son has spent LOTS of time learning how to make the Dash & Dot robots move and make sounds using the Wonder Workshop various apps. I recorded a brief demo of my son with his dash robot and how he controlled it using 2 of the apps. Check it out below.
At first glance I thought it would take him a while to learn the coding system. But within a few hours my son was through the basics and starting to make his own combos.
Some of which included making Dash follow me around and blow kisses. *sigh*
While its nice to get robot kisses, I'm more impressed that Dash & Dot encourages my son to think critically and problem solve. While for him it's just fun figuring out how to make his robot friends do cool tricks, the skills he's learning now will carry over into his education and beyond.
And this is part of what makes Dash and Dot award-winning real robots. Right out the box, the robots are ready to interact and stimulate your children with free apps that connect and in-app challenges to keep kids engaged.
The other part of what makes these robots great is the company Wonder Workshop.
Wonder Workshop creates robotics and hands-on play that make computer science accessible to young, curious minds.
Wonder Workshop was founded in 2012 by Vikas Gupta, Mikal Greaves and Saurabh Gupta, inventors, designers, programmers and parents who shared a belief that every child should have the opportunity to find delight in computer science and robotics.
Recently Wonder Workshop launched Wonder League's, the first ever nationwide Robotics Competition to make coding a new team sport for kids ages 6-11! And in just half a month, over 1150 teams sign up!
This is such a clear indicator that children want to learn about technology and computer science. And Dash & Dot are a great way to help them do this!
And right now in celebration of the holiday, Wonder Workshop is offering a special 48-hour-only, #BlackFriday discount on any order from their online store beginning TONIGHT (12am PT, 11/26) through the end of Black Friday (11:59pm PT, 11/27).
Shop More, Save More
- Save $10 OFF orders $100+ - CODE: NICE10
- Save $25 OFF orders $200+ - CODE: NICE25
- Save $50 OFF orders $300+ - CODE: NICE50
This is a great deal to jump-start your holiday shopping with Dash & Dot, Good Housekeeping’s Toy of the Year
After getting your own Dash & Dot, learn new project and play ideas from the Wonder Workshop community by visiting www.makewonder.com
Also be sure to watch the ongoing web video series, The Dash and Dot Show
Keep up to date with Wonder Workshop via
Facebook - www.facebook.com/makewonder
Twitter - www.twitter.com/wonderworkshop
Instagram - www.instagram.com/_wonderworkshop