The Moms Aladdin Diamond Edition Screening with Scott Weigner & Linda Larkin #AladdinMOMS
In connection with the ALADDIN DIAMOND EDITION RELEASE we joined The MOMS for their MAMARAZZI® event with Scott Weigner & Linda Larkin, the voices of Aladdin & Jasmine!
Note: I was invited as media to the screening. No other compensation was received. Any personal views expressed are always 100% my own.
It was surreal to screen the movie with my son. I first watch Aladdin YEARS ago before my son was born (much less a thought) and when Robin Williams was still very much alive. Many things have changed since then.
So you can imagine my nostalgic feeling as I explained to my son the meaning behind some of the jokes the Genie made in the movie. Seriously Robin Williams as Genie was such a character.
After swooning over Aladdin (seriously) and cheering Jasmine for being a princess who seeks her own destiny in life (go Jasmine!), I was beyond excited to meet Scott Weigner and Linda Larkinthe, the real life voices behind these icon characters.
Scott Weigner and Linda Larkin had a few things to share about voicing the characters and what it feels like watching it now 23 YEARS later!
Thank you The MOMS for these Aladdin memories!
Disney’s beloved masterpiece will make your heart race and your spirit soar. Experience the laughter, adventure and Academy Award®-winning music (1992: Best Music, Original Song, “A Whole New World,” Original Score) for the first time on Blu-ray and Digital HD. And now Aladdin shines even brighter with never-before-seen tributes to the enchanting talent of Robin Williams, the “Genius behind the Genie.”
Voice Cast: Robin Williams (Jumanji, Night at the Museum) as The Genie, Scott Weinger (TV’s “Full House”) as Aladdin, Linda Larkin as Jasmine, Gilbert Gottfried (TV’s “Saturday Night Live”) as Iago, Jonathan Freeman (Aladdin: the Musical on Broadway) as Jafar, Douglas Seale (The Rescuers Down Under, For Love or Money) as Sultan and Frank Welker (Mulan, The Smurfs 2) as Abu.
Producers/Directors: John Musker and Ron Clements (Moana, The Little Mermaid, Hercules)
Writers: Ron Clements and John Musker (Moana, The Little Mermaid, Hercules); Ted Elliott and Terry Rossio (Shrek, Pirates of the Caribbean 1-4)
Music & Lyrics: Alan Menken - Music (The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, The Hunchback of Notre Dame), Howard Ashman - Lyrics (The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast), Tim Rice - Lyrics (The Lion King, Evita)
Blu-ray & Digital Bonus Features:
- The Genie Outtakes - Robin Williams' Genie outtakes are magically brought to life
- Genie 101 - Our host, Scott Weinger (the voice of Aladdin), takes us through the various transformations of the famous (and formerly famous) celebrity references of the Genie
- Ron & John: You Ain't Never Had a Friend Like Me - Directors John Musker & Ron Clements sit down and discuss the experiences of their long-running partnership together at Disney
- Aladdin: Creating Broadway Magic - Join host Darren Criss as we take "a new fantastic point of view" at the story of how Aladdin went from a classic Disney animated film to become Broadway's smash hit with composer Alan Menken and others
- Unboxing Aladdin - Our host, Joey Bragg from Disney Channel's Liv & Maddy, explore the Easter eggs and hidden secrets of Aladdin in this unboxing video
- Classic Bonus - ALL classic bonus from the original DVD release