Coney Island Labor Day Weekend Events & Activities #ConeyIslandFun
Looking for a fun way to spend the last official weekend of summer? Visit Coney Island for an unforgettable Labor Day weekend enjoying the beach, boardwalk, amusements and restaurants.
Here are a few Coney Island events and activities you can enjoy for Labor Day Weekend
- On Friday, September 4th, head to the beach and boardwalk between West 10th and West 15th Streets for the last Friday Night Fireworks Show of the summer. The fireworks show starts at 9:30pm and will be preceded by Karaoke on the Boardwalk hosted by Deno’s Wonder Wheel Park (1025 Boardwalk).
- Before the Friday fireworks, Coney Island Brewery (1904 Surf Avenue) will be having their grand opening to the public. The Brewery opens up at 12pm Friday with operating hours from 12pm – 8pm Thursdays thru Sunday. The Brewery will be on Labor Day as well.
- Throughout the entire weekend all of Coney Island’s favorite concessions and attractions, the New York Aquarium, Luna Park, Deno’s Wonder Wheel Park, Nathan’s Famous, Gargiulo’s, the brand new Wahlburgers along with the beach and boardwalk establishments, Paul’s Daughter, Coney’s Cones, Lola Star, Ruby’s, Brooklyn Beach Shop, Tom’s and PTB will remain open for the holiday celebrations.
- Join the Brooklyn Cyclones at MCU Park (1904 Surf Avenue) for their last regular season three game series as they take on the Staten Island Yankees. Saturday, September 5th, the first pitch will be at 6pm and will be Latin Music Night with post game fireworks.
On Sunday, September 6th, first pitch will be at 1pm and kids will be able to run the bases after the game. For the final regular season game against the Staten Island Yankees, the first pitch will be at 5pm and it will also be fan appreciation night where the Cyclones will be on hand before the game for autographs and photos. After the game, everyone will have the opportunity to run the bases.
- The 8th Annual Coney Island Beard and Moustache Competition will be taking place on Saturday, September 5th at Coney Island USA (1208 Surf Avenue) where men and women will battle it out for the coveted Coney Island Fez and other great prizes.
- On Friday, September 11th, Coney Island USA will crown the 2016 Miss Coney Island at the 13th Annual Miss Coney Island Burlesque Beauty Pageant. Contestants will compete for the crown and the chance to lead the iconic Mermaid Parade in 2016.
- Through September 7th, Luna Park (1000 Surf Avenue) will be running their backpack giveaway through their event, Back to School at Luna Park. Head to Luna Park and see Team Luna for a chance to win a backpack full of supplies for the new school year.
The fun never stops in Coney Island and many Coney attractions and restaurants are open throughout the fall. To plan a trip to Coney Island and stay up-to-date on all Coney happenings, make sure to visit www.ConeyIslandFunGuide.com
On Facebook - www.facebook.com/coneyislandfun
On Twitter - www.twitter.com/coneyislandfun
On Instagram - www.instagram.com/coneyislandfun