There's nothing like a child's excitement about wearing a new outfit for the first day of school. But what happens when parents take out the new outfit, put it on their child and there's static cling?!
To help parents (and kids) avoid dealing with static on the first day of school, The Downy Ball team has provided these simple tips and tricks to help reduce static cling.
Tips for getting rid of static cling
- A great tool to get rid of static cling is the Downy Wrinkle Releaser Plus spray. It has over 101 uses and one of them is eliminating static cling. Not only will you remove static charges from your clothes but they will be left with a fresh scent.
- Place a safety pin on the inner hem of clothing to dispel any static charge, instead of shocking you, the charge will go to the pin.
- Place a damp towel or cloth inside dryer and dry at lowest heat setting. The clothing will not become as dry and susceptible to static.
- Take clothes out of the dryer before they are completely dry, allowing them to air dry the rest of the way will better prevent static, due to the reduction of heat and friction between clothing.
- Instead of wearing rubber-soled shoes, wear leather-soled shoes to help prevent static because it is a non-conducting material.
- Use Aluminum foil balls in the dryer, the foil will pick up any charge from the clothing while in the dryer.
- Spray fine mist of distilled water on clothing after it comes out of the dryer, it will kill any static that is clinging to the clothing.
- Slip clothes with static charge through a metal hanger, just like the safety pin and aluminum foil, the metal hanger will pick up any charge that is in your clothing.
- If you have static cling on clothes you are already wearing, place a think layer of moisturizing lotion on your skin underneath your clothes. The moisture from the lotion will counteract the dryness of the clothing.
Surprisingly, many people don’t know what the actual purpose of fabric softener is. Most think it is just to make our clothes soft and wearable but it is also to help prevent static cling. But sometimes, softener can use extra help to kill that static.
No more waiting for the rinse cycle. No more cleaning out the dispenser. With the Downy Ball, fabric softener is automatically released during the rinse cycle. To enjoy the convenience of Downy Ball just pour the Downy fabric softener of choice up to the right fill line in the Downy bottle cap, pour into the ball, seal it, and drop it in at the start of the wash on top of fabrics. Downy Ball will release the softener on its own, making laundry less complicated.
ENTER TO WIN THIS GIVEAWAY!
Downy Ball Prize
- (1) Downy Ball
- (1) Downy Wrinkle Releaser
WAYS TO ENTER:
Entries must be made on or before 11:59 p.m. August 25, 2015.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Winner will be selected by random.org. Giveaway entry must be completed before extra entries will count. Winner will be contacted by email and must respond within 24 hours or a new winner will be selected. Open to residents of the U.S. with a valid street address.