Momtrends and Skylanders SuperChargers Preview Event #MTSkylanders
Early this month I attended the Momtrends and Skylanders event to get a first look at Skylanders SuperChargers, an entirely new way for fans to experience the magic of Skylands with vehicles.
Note: I was invited as media to this event and received compensation, However, any personal views expressed are always 100% my own.
With Skylanders SuperChargers, kids can explore and navigate the mountainous terrains, deep sea environments and big blue skies of Skylands like never before with amazingly vehicles-to-life innovation, many of which feature moving parts that will play in the real world and come to life via the Portal of Power® in the game.
Skylanders SuperChargers Key Features:
- Vehicles-to-Life– For the first time, players can take their Skylanders vehicles straight from the real world into the videogame via the Portal of Power to explore the land, sea and skies of Skylands. The vehicles are aligned by element and terrain type, giving players unique abilities and diverse experiences across different settings throughout the game. Not only are the vehicles playable in game, but many will have movable parts making the toys fun and playable outside of the game.
- More Diverse Gameplay – The game delivers a dynamic, story-driven gameplay experience, filled with vehicle-based and on-foot adventure – complete with combat, puzzles, mini games, activities and platforming -- all set within a variety of compelling environments. There will be 20 new vehicles toys that fans can play with that feature a variety of designs and types – race cars, motorcycles, boats, tanks, helicopters, jets, submarines and more.
- New and Returning Heroes – Skylanders SuperChargers introduces 20 new SuperChargers toys and supports all 300+ Skylanders toys from previous games, enabling any Skylanders character to pilot land, sea or sky-based vehicles. SuperChargers also have special in-game abilities that help Portal Masters fight Kaos.
- Customized Vehicles – SuperChargers will have the ability to customize vehicles in-game with super cool modifications and upgradeable weapons. As players travel throughout the game, they can also discover hidden mods such as a volcanic booster engine that spews lava rocks and jet wings with feathers made of gold.
- SuperCharged Combos – For the ultimate gaming experience, players can pair a SuperCharger Skylander with its unique signature vehicle to create a SuperCharged combination, unlocking an exclusive mod that revs up the performance of both the vehicle and character.
- Fast-Paced Storyline – Fans can immerse themselves in an all-new, high-velocity adventure that ignites imaginations and fuels excitement as they speed through Skylands like never before.
After our first look at Skylanders SuperChargers, we enjoyed a tasty lunch by Tarallucci e Vino Mezzanine which included a range of salads, pasta and sandwiches plus a special Skylanders inspired beverage. I had two of those. They were SO good!
At the end of the event, we received Skylanders items to take home to our kids. Ironically, as I tried to sneak away with some items for my son, I was caught on camera. Where is Spry when you need him?!
You can see more about Momtrends #MTSkylanders in the below video. I just happen to make a few cameos.....
Skylanders SuperChargers will be available September 20, 2015 on PlayStation, Xbox 360, Xbox One, iPad®, Nintendo Wii U, Wii 3DS.
$74.99 – Skylanders SuperChargers Starter Pack
$64.99 – Nintendo 3DS Starter Pack
$14.99 – Individual vehicles toys
$12.99 – Individual SuperChargers character toys
To learn more about Skylanders, visit - www.skylanders.com