LeapFrog has unveiled two new products- LeapFrog Imagicard and LeapPad Platinum, a new experience that combines physical and digital play to bring characters and learning to life.
Characters and Curriculum Come to Life with LeapFrog Imagicard
With LeapFrog Imagicard games, children solve problems with 30+ interactive collectible cards that come to life on their LeapFrog tablet. Children use the camera to simply “capture” the card on the screen, bringing one of their favorite characters magically into the game and unlocking more ways to play.
LeapFrog Imagicard launches with three interactive games including
- LeapFrog Letter Factory (for ages 4 to 7). Building on the very popular Letter Factory animated shows, LeapFrog Imagicard Letter Factory allows kids to step right up to the magical Letter Factory Carnival, where literacy skills are the ticket to unlocking new attractions. Children play carnival games to earn tickets at the prize wheel, use those tickets to let the letter cards into the carnival, and go on quests to find lost items that begin with each letter. For example, find and return the letter A’s apple for a bonus coin. More than 50 Letter Factory trivia questions add to the fun. Take selfies with Tad and Lily, and decorate the images with stickers earned during play.
- Paw Patrol (for ages 3 to 5). Join Ryder and the PAW Patrol as they lend a paw for Adventure Bay Appreciation Week, and unleash mathematics and problem-solving skills to earn Good Citizen badges. Patrol the bay for citizens who need help, and then find the pup with the right tools and skills for each mission. Challenge your PAW Patrol knowledge by answering 50+ trivia questions, plus, have a PAWsome time taking selfies with favorite pups, and decorate the images with stickers earned for completing missions.
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (for ages 5 to 8). Team up with the Turtles and deploy shell-tastic mathematics skills to recover mutagen canisters that are scattered around the city. Play as Mikey, Leo, Donnie and Raph and complete fact finding missions by completing equations and feeding the team pizza using fraction skills. Scan in multiple cards to see how they interact in the animation fun zone, play trivia, and take selfies with them in ninjutsu poses.
Each game features LeapFrog’s proprietary Just For Me™ Learning Technology, which personalizes the experience for each child by adapting automatically during play, offering tutorials, and more to keep kids challenged.
LeapFrog Imagicard is compatible with all LeapFrog LeapPad™ tablets with the exception of LeapPad™1, comes with a character card tin for easy storage, and a play mat for card sorting and offline learning activities. All 30+ cards are also digitally included in the game, so children can still play the full games while on-the-go.
The best way to experience LeapFrog Imagicard games are on the all-new LeapPad Platinum tablet with its seven-inch high-resolution, multi-touch capacitive screen and fast processor.
Our most advanced LeapPad tablet, LeapPad Platinum provides access to a kid-perfect web experience and a library of 1,000+ age-appropriate, LeapFrog educator-approved games, apps, eBooks, videos and more with all the kid safe, kid tough and kid smart features you expect from a LeapPad.
- High-resolution and High-speed: With a seven-inch high-resolution, multi-touch capacitive screen and fast high-performance processor, LeapPad Platinum offers the biggest learning experiences.
- Kid-Safe Web: LeapPad Platinum features LeapSearch™, the proprietary kid-safe web browser that lets kids explore content they love. LeapSearch allows kids to browse age-appropriate content, handpicked by LeapFrog's team of learning experts, and now features expanded parental settings for easy fine-tuning.
- Built to Last: LeapPad Platinum is LeapFrog's most durable tablet ever with a shatter-safe screen and a wrap-around bumper. LeapPad Platinum has been thoroughly drop-tested, impact-tested and compression-tested in LeapFrog's Quality Lab for durability and child safety. LeapPad Platinum includes 8GB memory to hold up to 40,000 photos or 100+ game apps*, two cameras and video recorders and 10 apps (Music Player Plus 10 Songs, Pet Pad Party, Pet Chat, Photo Fun Ultra, five Utility Apps and a choice of one app download). App download requires wireless internet connection and parent account.
LeapFrog Imagicard (MSRP $24.99 per game, for children three to eight years old) will be available online and at major retail locations in August 2015.
The LeapPad Platinum tablet (MSRP $129.99, for children three to nine years old) will be available in green and pink online and at major retail locations in July 2015