Google Play has launched a new family-friendly discovery experience that is designed to help parents find apps, games, movies & TV shows and books that are appropriate for their kids. If you're a parent (like me!) who spends LOTS of time downloading apps and more via that platform, this is very exciting news!
Finding family-friendly content is now easier to find on Google Play with several new features, including:
Follow the Family Star and other family-friendly buttons:
- On the Apps, Games and Movies & TV homepages, parents can browse content by age group by tapping the Family Star button .
- On the Books homepage, tap the Children’s Books Star button to reveal family-friendly books. Top charts, recommendations, and even searches from family homepages are filtered into Google Play’s family-friendly catalog.
Empowering parents with parental controls and information: Google Play provides practical information and tools for parents to make better decisions about content.
- Family Star badges convey the specific age range that an app, movie or book was designed for.
- A new label signals when family apps are ad-supported along with new locally relevant content maturity ratings on the app detail pages.
- Parents can restrict downloads, purchases or streaming of mature content with updated parental controls.
Play with favorite characters on special pages: Whether it’s PBS KIDS or Peppa Pig, Google Play helps families search for content from beloved characters with new pages that feature dozens of top characters from across the globe. From the Play store app, parents can take a tour of popular characters to find apps, movies, books and more from your family’s favorites.
In celebration of the launch, check out Google Play’s featured collection of new and exclusive content for families, including
- Legacy Games’ Crayola DJ
- TabTale’s Cutie Patootie
- Speakaboos’ Thomas’s Musical Day for Percy
- The Jim Henson Company’s Doozers-Play Along Stories, and more.