Giveaway: ASPCA 5 Tips for a Humane and Healthy Holiday CLOSED
This holiday, the ASPCA is educating families on how to have a more humane and healthy holiday meal. The holidays are a major time of year for meat consumption, but sadly the majority of these animals have been raised on factory farms in cruel and unsafe conditions which also raise serious food safety concerns.
To help families and individuals, the ASPCA is sharing 5 tips take more humane and healthy steps for holiday meals
- Don’t Get Tricked, Get Certified - Look for certifications that require better treatment, specifically Certified Humane, Animal Welfare Approved and GAP levels 3 and above. Take this label guide with you so you’re armed with facts.
- Don’t Pay the Cost of “Cheap” Meat - Consumers and animals pay a steep price for that cheap meat, eggs and dairy – in the form of poor animal welfare, poor quality and potential human health risks. Consider investing in higher-welfare products
- Go to the source - Use this search engine to locate a farmer’s market near. There you can often talk directly to people who work on or for the farms to learn how they raise animals.
- Plant Power - Try adding more vegetables to your holiday meal. You might also try some of the ever more available and tasty plant-based alternatives for meat, egg and dairy products.
- Ask and Receive - You have the power to demand more humanely raised products in your stores. This holiday season and going forward, demand more humanely raised chicken in your local stores with our supermarket request letter.
To learn more about the ASPCA, visit - www.aspca.org
On Facebook - www.facebook.com/ASPCA
On Twitter - www.twitter.com/ASPCA
Along with sharing these 5 tips, here's a great giveaway for an ASPCA Humane Holiday Tote
ENTER TO WIN THIS GIVEAWAY!
ASPCA Humane Holiday Prize Tote includes:
- ASPCA Canvas Tote Bag
- ASPCA Logo Travel Mug
- What the Cluck Truth About Chicken T-Shirt
- What the Cluck Truth About Chicken Magnet
- What the Cluck Truth About Chicken Keychain
- What the Cluck Truth About Chicken Laptop Sticker
- Laminated ASPCA Label Guide
WAYS TO ENTER:
Entries must be made on or before 11:59 p.m. December 18, 2014.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Terms and Conditions
Winner will be selected by random.org. Giveaway entry must be completed before extra entries will count. Winner will be contacted by email and must respond within 24 hours or a new winner will be selected. Open to residents of the U.S. with a valid street address.