Giveaway: 5 Tips to Survive Holiday Travel with Kids & Safety 1st Car Seat CLOSED
Soon it will be time to start the holiday travel rush. According to AAA 2013 report last year 94.5 million people were on the roads, train tracks or in the skies during the holiday season. That’s a lot of people! Then add your own kids into the mix of congestion and for some it can mean holiday headaches.
To help make your life easier, Safety 1st consumer safety experts have shared these 5 tips on “How to Survive the Holiday with Kids”.
- Avoid peak travel days –Try not to fly or drive the days immediately before and after the actual holiday. Those are the busiest travel days. However, if you fly or take a train you might save money by traveling on the actual holiday, the roads are less congested too.
- Prepare your child for the trip – Holiday parties can be overwhelming with sensory overload. Especially for young children it’s good to talk about the upcoming trip days even weeks in advance. This will help him or her get excited about the journey. Show photos of family members or friends your child has not met yet, this way the new face might be a little familiar on arrival.
- “Are we there yet?” - To help avoid that dreaded phrase an hour into your six hour trip reserve a bag just for the kids, include books, toys, diapers a change of clothes and snacks. Pre-load a tablet or smartphone with kid friendly apps or games. If you are driving keep all necessary items such as wipes, hand sanitizer or tissues easy to reach in a second – there are times you may not want to be digging through the bottom of a bag for such items. The Safety 1st Car Door Sanitation Station is a great solution.
- Car Seats – If you are flying check to make sure your car seat is FAA certified. If it’s not clearly labeled contact the manufacture. For parents with older children the Safety 1st BoostAPack can double as a kid survival kit, it’s FAA certified, and will fit in the plane overhead bin.
If you are driving make sure your car seat is installed correctly. If it’s been awhile since you visited a car seat check, it’s recommended to check your seat with a Certified Child Safety Technician in advance of your trip. www.Safercar.gov is a great resource.
- Prepare the guest room – If your child will be sleeping in a Play Yard during the trip, use that for bed or nap time the entire week before. This will help him or her get used to a new sleep environment. Also if your infant or child sleeps better in a dark room or tends to wake up early with the morning light, bring garbage bags or dark fabric to tape over windows.
On Facebook - www.facebook.com/safety1st
On Twitter - www.twitter.com/safety_1st
Whether you're taking a train, plane or automobile, Safety 1st wants to help you keep your child protected. So they've offered their Advance 65 Air+ Convertible Car Seat for one lucky The Mommy Factor reader to win!
Safety 1st introduces Air Protect + technology: Positively the safest choice in full body protection.
The Advance 65 Air+ Convertible Car Seat features Air Protect + to keep children from 5-65 pounds safer in the car. Air Protect + combines the advanced protection of the Air Protect® cushion system with patented GCell HX™ foam designed with hexagonal shapes for superior protection around the torso. TOGETHER they provide full body side impact protection.
In addition to Air Protect +, the Advance 65 Air + uses a steel-reinforced metal frame for extra stability and includes a 4-position recline for an optimal fit to your vehicle. We’ve also included color-coded belt paths and installation labels to help you install it quickly and correctly, which means less time getting it into your car and more time to enjoy the ride.
- 2 modes of use: Rear-facing infant and baby car seat 5-40 pounds; Forward-facing toddler car seat 22-65 pounds
- Featuring Air Protect +: Air Protect® advanced cushion system protects your child’s head, where it’s needed most. GCell HX™ patented foam with hexagonal shapes inside the seat provides superior body protection. TOGETHER they provide full body side impact protection
- Easy to identify color-coded belt paths and installation labels
- 10-position headrest grows with your child
- No re-thread harness
- LATCH equipped
- Integrated cup holder
- Meets or exceeds Federal and ASTM Safety Standards
ENTER TO WIN THIS GIVEAWAY!
- (1) Advance 65 Air+ Convertible Car Seat
Entries must be made on or before 11:59 p.m. November 30, 2014.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Terms and Conditions
Winner will be selected by random.org. Giveaway entry must be completed before extra entries will count. Winner will be contacted by email and must respond within 24 hours or a new winner will be selected. Open to residents of the U.S. with a valid street address.