I'm always looking for ways of making a favorite recipe new, interesting and more tasty! Like many families with a young child (and even older children), Mac-n-Cheese is one of those dishes requested a lot. And I really do mean a lot.
But the great thing about this dish is you can customize and make so many different ways. So I when I learned about a recipe to make Mac-n-Cheese using PopChips, I wanted to share it with you.
I know! Cooking with Popchips!
But guess who else is cooking with popchips? Top chef contestant Dakota Weiss has partnered with popchips and put together all sorts of recipes including:
- Deviled Eggs with sea salt popchips
- Salted Caramel and Bacon Popsicle with sweet potato popchips
- Crackling Cole Slaw with bbq popchips
- Butter Lettuce “Wedge” with sea salt and vinegar popchips vinaigrette
- Potato Salad with sea salt and vinegar popchips
- Grilled Kobe Dog with bbq popchips, pickled cabbage and tomato salad
"White Cheddar Mac and Cheese with a Sea Salt and Vinegar Popchips Crust"
Preparation: 1 hour
- 1 bag pasta, cook in salted water to al dente
- 2 bags sea salt and vinegar popchips, crushed
White cheddar cheese sauce
- 1 package garlic and herb boursin cheese
- ½ cup cream cheese
- 1 quart heavy cream
- 1 cup white cheddar, shredded
- 2 each garlic cloves, minced
- Kosher salt to taste
- White pepper to taste
- Add all of the ingredients into the pot (except for the white cheddar) bring to a slow boil always whisking. Once the cream is at a rolling boil whisk in the cheese. Once it is all melted season the sauce with the salt and pepper.
- Add the pasta to the sauce and stir well. Pour into a serving dish that is oven proof and sprinkle on the popchips, bake until the chips are golden brown and the sauce is bubbling.
To learn more about Popchips, visit www.popchips.com
Want to try recipes using Popchips? Then enter this giveaway.
ENTER TO WIN THIS GIVEAWAY!
- (1) Box of Popchips various flavor single serve bags (about 40-50)
WAYS TO ENTER:
Entries must be made on or before 11:59 p.m. September 30, 2014.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Terms and Conditions
Winner will be selected by random.org. Giveaway entry must be completed before extra entries will count. Winner will be contacted by email and must respond within 24 hours or a new winner will be selected. Open to residents of the U.S. with a valid street address.