Recently we received a very nice card and info packet announcing Dora and Friends: Into the City!, a brand-new animated preschool series with new friends and a new interactive curriculum, premiering in primetime Monday, Aug. 18, at 8:00 p.m. (ET/PT) on Nickelodeon.
Dora and Friends: Into the City! will be a half-hour series (20 episodes) featuring Dora living in a city and attending school. Set in the fictional city of Playa Verde, Dora and her friends go on adventures, whether it’s rescuing a lost stuffed monkey for a little boy in the hospital or returning a ring to an ancient Mayan Princess.
Throughout her journeys, Dora uses Map App on her smartphone and a magical charm bracelet to navigate the city and overcome any obstacle.
In the new series, Dora has a group of new friends–Kate, Naiya, Emma, Alana and Pablo, who share her passion for learning and exploring.
Meet Dora’s new friends:
- Kate - an avid reader who is dramatic and artistic.
- Naiya - a smart girl who excels at math and science.
- Emma - an accomplished musician with a drive to be the best.
- Alana - an athletic, confident soccer player and animal lover.
- Pablo - a smart, playful, energetic athlete and explorer.
While I'm excited about meeting all of Dora's new friends, I'm just a little more excited about Emma, who's voiced by Kayta Thomas a featured dancer in The Gloria Eve Dance Company in New York where she recently performed in productions of The Lion King and The Little Mermaid.
While Kayta is of African American decent, her character Emma has Latin friends, just like me! I really like that multicultural element and look forward to watching Emma, Dora and the other friends.
At Dora and Friends on Nickelodeon’s award-winning website, NickJr.com, kids and parents can:
- Learn about the show, download and print ebooks and print Dora and Friends coloring pages.
- Play Dora and Friends games, including the new “Dora and Friends It’s Concert Day” game, where they meet Dora’s new friends, discover her city and help everyone get ready for a big concert.
Created by Chris Gifford and Valerie Walsh Valdes (Dora the Explorer, Go, Diego, Go!), the series will regularly air weekdays during the preschool block on Nickelodeon.
To learn more, visit - www.nickjr.com/dora-and-friends