Want to take your family camping before the end of summer? If you're a New York City area family wondering how to plan a camping trip, Verizon Wireless can help you prepare with this compiled a list of 5 camping apps to take with you
photo credit: Verizon Wireless
New York is the third most populous state in the U.S. with approximately 19.65 million residents according to the United States Census Bureau, but almost half of that population lives in the 300 bustling square miles of New York City. That leaves tens of thousands of square miles of virtually uninhabited natural landscape to enjoy the great outdoors.
Get ready to venture outside of the city walls for a camping journey with these (5) must have apps including:
- AllTrails is THE app for finding trails nearest you. Browse through 50,000 trail guides (United States & Canada) for outdoor activities including everything from hiking and mountain biking to fly-fishing and snowshoeing.
- Planetarium - Easily and quickly identify and locate stars, planets, constellations, galaxies with your personal telescope to the wonders in the night sky.
- Camping Trip Planner - Configurable camping planner with everything needed for any outdoor camping trip. Comes pre-populated with more than 225 camper items. This is all you need to ensure you don't forget anything.
- Spyglass - This application allows you to use your device camera to emulate a spyglass. It provides a very simple method to increase or decrease the zoom of your mobile or tablet.
- MyNature Animal Tracks - View actual tracks in the wild, reference illustrated gait patterns, range maps, digital images of animals and listen to each animals vocalization. Search by track size and shape in seven different illustrated categories to identify over 46 animals across North America.