Nintendo Games Preview: Kirby Triple Deluxe, Mario Golf World Tour and Tomodachi Life
This month at one of the Nintendo media preview events, we were able to get a first look at soon to be released games Kirby: Triple Deluxe (May 2, 2014), Mario Golf: World Tour (May 2, 2014) and Tomodachi Life (June 6, 2014).
photo credit: Jason DeCrow/Invision for Nintendo/AP Images
Note: I was invited as media to this event and received codes to download 2 of the games. No other compensation was received. Views expressed are always 100% my own.
Not only did my son get some gaming time in, he also had a chance to meet and game with celebrity Noah Munck (Gibby in iCarly) in Mario Golf: World Tour for Nintendo 2DS and Nintendo 3DS. I'm not sure who won the game but you can bet they both had fun playing the game together.
We also had fun meeting some of the Nintendo games characters including Mario, Luigi and Pikachu (Pika Pika!)
After the fun meet and greets, it's was time to get down to gaming! After a few rounds of playing, my son favorite's game was Kirby: Triple Deluxe followed by Mario Golf: World Tour.
I didn't allow my son to play Tomodachi Life but I did spend some time learning about the game and think it will appeal to those who like to live and build a community online.
Ready to learn more about the games? Here's the information
In Kirby: Triple Deluxe ($34.99) for Nintendo 2DS, 3DS and 3DS XL system, you can help Kirby save King Dedede by traveling through numerous colorful worlds while inhaling enemies and copying their abilities. With the addition of the new Hypernova ability, Kirby is more powerful than ever before.
- Jump from the foreground to the background in dynamic 3D side-scrolling levels.
- Inhale enemies and enjoy new and returning copy abilities. New copy abilities like Bell, Archer, Beetle and Circus join returning favorites like Parasol, Hammer, Sword and Beam.
- Use Download Play or local multiplayer to duke it out in Kirby Fighters, a fierce battle mode for up to four players. In this frenetic multiplayer mode, you can pick your favorite copy ability and battle against friends in several different stages. (Additional Nintendo 3DS systems are required for multiplayer mode.)
- Enjoy a selection of additional game modes, including Dedede’s Drum Dash, a rhythm-based time trial; Dedede Tour, a time-attack mode in which gamers play through arranged stages from the main story as King Dedede; and Arena, a continuous battle mode with bosses from the main story mode.
- Collect hidden keychains in every level, each resembling classic Kirby characters. Exchange keychains with function to tag other players.
Mario Golf: World Tour ($29.99) for Nintendo 2DS, 3DS and 3DS XL system is the newest entry in the long-running Mario Golf series hits with crazy courses, special items to power-up your shots, online multiplayer maches and worldwide tournaments.
- Drive, swing and putt using Mario, or even your Mii character and other favorites from the Mushroom Kingdom like Luigi or Peach.
- Change the way the game of golf is played by using new item shots inspired by classic power-ups from the Super Mario Bros. series. The Fire Flower burns through leaves and tufts of grass, while the Bullet Bill power-up allows the ball to fly in a straight line and ignore wind.
- Play with friends all over the world in extensive online multiplayer matches. Up to four players* can take turns or engage in simultaneous play, meaning everyone takes their shots at the same time. You can even choose from a selection of emoticons to cheer or taunt other players.
- Castle Club is a new feature of the game that has both naturalistic and Mario-themed courses, a training area to hone your skills and a pro shop where you can get unlockable gear and outfits.
- Trick out your Mii character and get the edge on your competition with outfits and equipment. Each piece of gear can enhance your Mii character’s golf attributes and add power and control to their shots.
Tomodachi Life for Mii Characters ($34.99) for Nintendo 2DS, 3DS and 3DS XL system allows you to customize your Mii characters’ lives, and witness the unpredictable drama that unfolds as they rock out, eat doughnuts and ride the ups and downs of romance.
- Create Mii characters and customize all aspects of their appearances, and bring them to life by customizing their personalities and voices.
- There are all sorts of activities that you can do with your Mii characters. Play a variety of mini-games with your islanders, or watch them perform songs live on stage. You can also solve their problems to help them level up and unlock new gift items that you can give your Mii characters.
- Share photos of the fun and humorous events happening on your island via the Nintendo 3DS Image Share Tool. Sharing is easy with the in-game menu icon that directly lets you access your Nintendo Image Share.