In advance of Disney’s Planes landing in theaters on August 9, Disney has unveiled their new Disney’s Planes product collection featuring interactive items like racing track sets, RC planes, launchers and more.
Here’s highlight of some of the Disney’s Planes Products:
Toys for little pilots:
- Wing Control Dusty Crophopper Radio Control Plane by Mattel (MSRP $39.99): Kids can have fun recreating the action seen in Disney’s Planes with this RC vehicle that offers role-play remote control, which means the plane moves when they do.
- U-Command Super Charged Dusty by Thinkway (MSRP $49.99): Deluxe infrared remote control Super Charged Dusty comes to life with animation, voice and sound effects. Kids can control Dusty with joysticks or by pressing one of the 10 program buttons on the wireless remote to make him talk, move and turn in more than 1,000 action combinations.
- Disney’s Planes Talking Action Figure Sets by Disney Store (MSRP $24.50 each): Dusty, El Chupacabra, Bravo and Echo have a lot to say for themselves. Sporting their unique color patterns, these Disney’s Planes action figures speak a variety of phrases, feature LED lights and engine revving sounds. Available at Disney Store and DisneyStore.com.
- Skipper’s Flight School by LEGO® DUPLO (MSRP $39.99 each): Teach Dusty to fly at Skipper’s Flight School! Gather in the air hangar with Sparky and Skipper to get Dusty ready for the big race with an easy-to-build Disney Planes™ set from LEGO® DUPLO®! Includes Skipper, Dusty and Sparky characters. Ages 2 to 5.
Aviation Fashion & Lifestyle Gear:
- Toddler Fashions from Children’s Apparel Network (MSRP $10-$18): This assortment of fleece jackets, t-shirts and shorts sets are perfect for young Disney’s Planes fans that want to grow up to be aviators.
- Disney’s Planes Twin Comforter by Jay Franco (MSRP $32.99): This comforter features the one and only Dusty. Featuring a combination of durable polyester and comfort cotton coupled with rich colors, the comforter will add aviation flair to any room. Disney sheet sets and blankets are sold separately.
- Dusty Woven Shirt for Boys by Disney Store (MSRP $22.50): This military-style woven short sleeve shirt features embroidered Dusty patches, aviator glasses and insignia, a great fit for aviators in training. Available at Disney Store and DisneyStore.com
Flight School Reading:
- Planes: Storybook Deluxe App (MSRP $6.99): takes readers to new heights as they relive the film through 41 story screens, read-along text and full narration that re-retells the story of the feature film. The app features "tilt-and-play" technology that gives little pilots a chance to fly as Dusty through the story, a "Race & Fly" game that allows readers to race as their favorite Disney’s Planes characters, tappable interactive animation and original music and video clips from the film. Disney “Planes: Storybook Deluxe" is available now in the Entertainment category of the Apple App Store.
- Planes Read-Along Storybook and CD (MSRP $6.99): read-along storybook and CD is a complete retelling of the Disney’s Planes theatrical film. Featuring music, sound effects and character voices from the film, kids can bring home the world of Disney’s Planes and continue their high-flying adventures. Additionally, those who purchase the Disney’s Planes Read-Along Storybook and CD Bundle – available exclusively at The Disney Store and Disney Parks – will receive the “Planes: Storybook Deluxe” app for free, including four exclusive Planes to fly as in the app’s “Race & Fly” game; a download code can be found inside the book cover and is redeemable on the iTunes App Store (a $6.99 value).
- Dusty’s Great Race from Disney Publishing (MSRP $12.99): This must-have storybook is narrated by Dusty himself. Featuring a padded cover and two pages of cool punch-out planes, readers can have high-flying fun with their favorite Disney’s Planes characters all summer and beyond.
Set to release in theaters Aug. 9, 2013, Disney’s Planes takes off with an international cast of the fastest air racers around, in a comedy packed with action and adventure starring Dusty (voice of Dane Cook), a small town dreamer who longs to enter the most epic around-the-world air race despite his fear of heights. With the help and support of a fleet of new and hilarious characters, Dusty wings his way into the biggest challenge of his life.
Disney’s Planes’ product collection is available now, in whole or in part, at mass retailers nationwide, at Disney Store locations and DisneyStore.com.
About Disney’s Planes (global and U.S. release dates)
From above the world of “Cars” comes “Disney’s Planes,” an action-packed 3D animated comedy adventure featuring Dusty (voice of Dane Cook), a plane with dreams of competing as a high-flying air racer. But Dusty’s not exactly built for racing—and he happens to be afraid of heights. So he turns to a seasoned naval aviator who helps Dusty qualify to take on the defending champ of the race circuit. Dusty’s courage is put to the ultimate test as he aims to reach heights he never dreamed possible, giving a spellbound world the inspiration to soar.
“Disney’s Planes” takes off in theaters on Aug. 9, 2013. For more information, check out www.disney.com/planes