With data suggesting that nearly 80% of all new-year’s resolutions are broken by the end of January each year, Balance Bar has teamed with Amber Rosenberg, a certified life coach and Balance Bar’s official Resolutions Guru, to share helpful tips and ideas for setting successful resolutions for 2013.
"Each year I hear that people's top resolutions include losing weight, getting fit and finding more organization," said Amber Rosenberg . "These are great goals, but the key for lasting success is setting them the right way – with a balanced approach."
- Focus on the Positive - One reason new year’s resolutions fall short is they tend to stress the negative. Often people focus on what they want to get rid of in their lives. Instead, it helps to think clearly about what you want to create in your life. For example, instead of just losing weight, think about creating health. Or instead of eliminating debt, think about creating abundance. This is a more empowering place to start from. Make a list of what no longer serves you in your life and then flip those items on their head to discover the positive benefit.
- Remember the “Why” - To help keep you motivated when the going gets tough, it helps to remember why you set out to achieve your goal in the first place. For example, if you want to create health in your life, what will be the benefit of this? Having more energy to play with your kids? Feeling better and looking better? Feeling more confident?
- Make Self-Care a Priority - If you really want to make changes in your life, it’s imperative to take care of yourself and manage your stress. Start by making sure you’re getting enough sleep and eating the right foods. An easy way to know you’re getting the right nutrition is to keep Balance Bars in your purse, car or desk to have on hand when you need a healthy, energetic boost. I love the Balance Bar® Bare line which is trail mix inspired and comes in great flavors like Blueberry Acai. I also highly recommend creating what I call a daily renewal ritual to help you manage stress. A daily renewal ritual is an activity that allows you to slow down your thinking brain (which can be caught up in fear, doubt, worry and guilt) and truly be in the moment. It allows you to recharge your battery so you can be more present and energetic throughout the rest of your day. Examples include meditation, yoga, journaling, prayer, yoga, nature walks, listening to music, etc. Start with 10 minutes/day and notice all the great benefits you receive (including how this helps you achieve your goals).
- Reflection - Review your measurement tool (discussed in our first entry) at the end of each week. If you’ve achieved all your goals for the week, great! If you haven’t reached your goals, all is not lost. This is a valuable time for reflection. What did you learn by not reaching your goals? What was the benefit
- Celebrate Your Successes - Congratulations on a job well done! One of the most important parts of working through your resolutions is rewarding yourself when you’ve succeeded. Be sure to choose a reward at the beginning of the year and decide on when/how often you’ll cash in on that reward. As you’re working on developing new habits at the beginning of the year, I recommend weekly rewards for at least the first month. Then, as the year progresses, you can move to monthly rewards. The trick is to be sure to follow-through with rewarding yourself. You’ve worked hard and you deserve it.
Asking fans to share how they will be approaching their resolutions, Balance Bar will also be hosting its "Outlast Your New Year's Resolutions" Facebook contest to win a personal coaching session with Amber along with a great prize package featuring Balance Bar products and items to help consumers achieve healthy balance in the coming year.
The contest runs January 1 – 18 and will include helpful tips from Amber. A live, two-hour Twitter chat with Amber and Balance Bar on January 9 at 1:30 PM EST/10:30 AM PST will also help kick off 2013.
For more information about the Balance Bar "Outlast Your New Year's Resolutions" contest and Amber Rosenberg , visit www.balance.com
Would you like to enjoy (1)box of assorted Balance Bar? Then enter this giveaway!
WIN The Mommy Factor Giveaway!
WAYS TO ENTER:
For this giveaway I'm using the Rafflecopter form which is super easy! Go on and enter to win! Entries must be made on or before 11:59 p.m. January 14, 2013.
a Rafflecopter giveaway