So far this summer my son and I have enjoyed being outside and hardly at home. But now that summer days are slowly coming to an end, we've started spending more time at home. This of course gives our family an opportunity to come over and visit. But visiting family means I have to clean certain areas of my apartment!
The one area in my apartment that needs some serious cleaning are my floors. I haven't given them a good cleaning since before winter time! Since then my son had dropped all sorts of juice and food on the floors. But I can't be mad at him since I've have tracked all sorts of dirt, grime and ickness on the floors also.
While my apartment doesn't have any carpet, except for an area rug in the kitchen, it does have two different type of flooring. In my kitchen and bathroom I have white tiles, while in my living room and bedroom I have wood like paneling. As you can see from the photo both are in need of a cleaning
Good thing I became a Hoover Dirt Devil Insider Ambassador while at Chicago. I really need the help of some of those vacuums and steam mops I saw during the International Housewares Show. While at the show I was able to handle both the Hoover Twin Tank Steam Mop and the DirtDevil Extreme Cyclonic Quick Vac. I really like the features on both machines and think either one would be great to help me clean my floors
DirtDevil Extreme Cyclonic Quick Vac MSRP: $59.99
Weighing less than 9 pounds with a 7 amp motor, features a set of on-board tools, a stretch hose and automatic height adjustment for carpet or hard floor surfaces, making it the ideal upright vacuum for total home cleaning.
- Cyclonic Filtration – high-suction sustained throughout high- level filtration
- Rinsable Filtration – features a rinsable filter and high- quality HEPA filter perfect for allergy sufferers and pet owners because it traps more than 99 percent of common allergens.
- Bottom Empty Dirt Cup – makes emptying the dirt cup easy and mess-free
- Multi- Height Adjustment – adjust as needed to clean all flooring types efficiently
- No Scuff Bumper – protects furniture
Hoover Twin Tank Steam Mop MSRP $129.99
The TwinTank™ Steam Mop is ideal for everyday cleaning or removing tough stains from all hard floors including laminate, tile, hardwood, engineered hardwood, vinyl, sealed stone, and more.
- Disinfects & Kills or Removes2 greater than 99.99% of harmful bacteria3 with steam alone including , MRSA , Staph, and Salmonella
- 30-Foot Power Cord – consumers can clean more areas of their home without re-plugging
- Removable Tanks – for easy filling and emptying convenience
- Triangular Swivel Mop Head – the mop head can pivot and maneuver into tight corners and along baseboards
- Microfiber Triangle Pads – ideal for cleaning multiple flooring types
TwinTank Steam Mop Availability: at Sears, HHGregg, Amazon, and Target, or visit Hoover.com
While I was impressed with both machines, I felt the Hoover TwinTank Steam Mop was a better choice to help me get my floors in spic and span order. I'll be sure to report how it did in my review in a few days. And how my family liked my clean floors!
As for the Dirt Devil Extreme Cyclonic Quick Vac, one lucky reader can win one in this giveaway. For this giveaway I'm using the Rafflecopter form which is super easy! Go on and enter to win!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Please Note: As a Hoover/Dirt Devil Insider Ambassador , I received a product sample for review purpose. No other compensation was received. Views expressed are always 100% my own.