Summertime is here and what better way to spend the summer with family and friends than on an adventure to visit one of the national parks and/or recreation destinations. July is Park and Recreation Month in the U.S., and the theme for this year’s celebration is “Rock Your Park.”
The National Park and Recreation Association wants you to show the country how parks and recreation make your life extraordinary! Whether it is visiting your local park, a playground, swimming pool, or taking a family trip to one of the national park treasures, celebrate the country’s love of the great outdoors this month! Visit the organization’s website to find out ways to get involved: http://www.nrpa.org/july
You can also turn your visit to the local park into a game by participating in the Dinosaur Train Geocache Challenge. Geocaching is a family friendly outdoor adventure that blends technology, gaming and environmental discovery. Each geocache features one of the dinosaurs found on the online Dinosaur Train Field Guide and contains educational information related to that dinosaur. To participate in the Dinosaur Train Geocache, visit http://www.pbs.org/parents/dinosaurtrain/geocachingchallenge/
Buddy and his friends on the Dinosaur Train are always up for an adventure and exploring the world around them. Why not take them along on your adventure to the park or camping or on a family road trip with all-new fun and easy travel product for camping/outdoors, new games and fun to read books to pack on your adventure!
- New book from Reader’s Digest: Dinosaur Train Lift the Flap “Let’s Go To Volcano Valley” (SRP: $9.99). Ages 2+.
- New Dinosaur Train product for camping adventures Pacific Playtents (available in October) includes: the Dinosaur Train Station House Tent (SRP: $89.90); Dinosaur Train Dino Bones Dome Tent ($59.90); Dinosaur Train Dino Bones Tunnel ($59.90). Ages 3+.
- New Dinosaur Train soft sporting fun from Kelly Toy: Play All Ball (SRP: $1.99), Bat + Ball (SRP: $9.99), Golf (SRP: $14.99), Football (SRP: $6.99), Baseball Mitt set (SRP: $7.99) and more. Ages 3+.
- New Dinosaur Train 3-Wheel Scooter in colorful buddy and friends graphics, from VM Global. SRP$24.99. Ages 3+.
- New Dinosaur Train game from Patch Products: “Take “N” Play Anywhere™ Let’s Go for a Ride! Magnetic Playset. SRP: $14.99. Ages 3+
Follow PBS Kids:
Website - www.pbskids.org/dinosaurtrain
Facebook - www.facebook.com/pbskids
Twitter - www.twitter.com/pbskids
As you can see there's LOTS of Dinosaur Train related activities happening this summer. Would you like to take along the Dinosaur Train Lift the Flap “Let’s Go To Volcano Valley,” book from Reader’s Digest?
WIN The Mommy Factor giveaway!
(1) Required Entry: Leave a comment telling me, who's your favorite Dinosaur Train characters? Comment must be made on or before 11:59 p.m. July 16, 2011.
After you have completed the required entry get extra entries if you:
(2) Join The Mommy Factor Fan Page on facebook (1 entry)
(3) Subscribe to The Mommy Factor blog via feedburner AND confirm. (1 entry)
(4) Follow @mommyfactor on twitter (1 entry)
(5) Follow this blog publicly (1 entry)
(6) Tweet about this giveaway using the link below and leave a comment with the link here. Can be done up to 3x a day (1 entry each time) Tweet link must be included in each comment.
~ http://bit.ly/ifRBUH ~ RT to enter
NOW THE RULES
Winner will be selected by random.org on or shortly after July 16, 2011. Giveaway entry must be completed before extra entries will count.
Winner will be contacted by email and must respond within 48 hours or a new winner will be selected. Open to residents of the U.S. and Canada with a valid street address.